Boost Up Your Resume
Making your resume as impressive as possible is critical for success in the job-search process. Boost your resume's appeal by updating the language or adjusting the format. Do whatever it takes to ensure your success. If you already have a resume and are simply looking to give it an extra boost, take a look at the ideas below and implement those that are most suitable. Perhaps your resume needs a serious jolt of creativity. Whatever the case is, you will find excellent ideas here to implement and make your resume a work of art.
You can do this just as easily as they can – and you can do it better because you know the material better than anyone else.
- Resume Length:- Keep your resume to within a page or two. However, this rule depends on the individual. If you have had plenty of relevant work experience, don't compromise and compress everything into a page. A two page resume is acceptable
- Highlight your accomplishments:-Your accomplishments are what distinguish you from your competitors. Many people will likely be able to perform the tasks of the job you are seeking, but the ones called in for an interview will be those people who have quantifiable achievements on their resume
- Target your audience:-Everything in your resume should be directed toward one goal: Getting a specific job at a particular company. Mass marketing resumes to every organization within a 50 mile radius is no longer an option. Each resume should be uniquely targeted to an audience of one. Anything less takes away from the likelihood of you receiving a phone call for an interview.
- Use action words to boost your resume's appeal. If you want a hiring manager to pay attention to your resume, you will need to use words that jump off the paper. Get the attention you deserve by presenting your skills and accomplishments in a decisive and appealing way.
Few things to note:
It is essentially important to keep in mind certain important points like;
- Use white space deliberately.
- Refrain from using Times New Roman.
- Have good contrast. (Make your headers bold).
- Keep your fonts legible.
- Do not print on both sides of the paper.
- Choose an appropriate type of paper to print on.
- Include page numbers at the bottom.